Auto Insurance Information
SJR Insurance is a full-service insurance agency located in the heart of Brevard County. We specialize in insuring drivers in Cocoa, Cocoa Beach, Cape Canaveral, Rockledge and surrounding areas.
Protect Your Vehicle Now
Our Commitment to You
If you have a car you love, it needs insurance. Getting caught without coverage could be costly. The dedicated team at SJR Insurance can help you get it affordably.
What is car insurance?
If you have a wreck, if your car gets stolen, or if another accident comes along that impacts your ability to drive, then the recovery costs might mount. Car insurance can help you get monetary assistance to pay for vehicle repairs and other services you might need before you can get back on the road.
What does it cover, what does it do?
Car insurance applies to a variety of damage costs. It might help you pay for damage the car sustains, your personal injury costs or the losses others experience because of your driving mistakes.
What is the benefit of car insurance?
Think of the thousands of dollars in damage that your car might sustain in a wreck. Could you afford to repair it? Could you afford to pay medical bills, either? Rather than letting your wallet bite the bullet, answer these questions with car insurance. It covers accident costs so you don’t have to go it alone.
Is it needed?
Florida requires nearly all vehicles registered with the state to carry car insurance. If you don’t, you could face significant penalties, including loss of your license.
What coverage is mandatory for Brevard County drivers?
Like all other Floridians, Brevard County drivers must carry at least the following coverage.
- $10,000 property damage liability insurance (PDL coverage): Should you cause a wreck, this coverage can help another driver repair their damaged property, like their vehicle damage.
- $10,000 Personal Injury Protection (PIP coverage): Your policy will help you pay your own medical bills, lost income and related costs if you get hurt in a wreck.
- Some drivers convicted of certain driving offenses have to carry bodily injury liability insurance (BIL coverage). It will help third parties pay for injuries caused by your vehicular negligence.
What are other coverages I should consider?
- We recommend that most people carry higher PDL and PIP coverage limits.
- It is a good idea to carry BIL coverage even if you have no requirement. Someone still might sue you to cover their injury costs, and this coverage can help.
- Collision insurance can help you pay for damage to your own car that results from a wreck.
- Comprehensive insurance will help you pay for damage to your car that results from non-accident hazards like fires, severe weather, theft or vandalism.
- Uninsured motorist coverage will help you cover many of your personal costs if you become involved in a wreck with an uninsured driver. Underinsured motorist coverage can cover outstanding costs if another driver lacks enough coverage to pay for your losses.
Come to Us with All Your Car Insurance Questions
- How long will my policy last? Most auto policies are for six months or a year.
- Do I have to renew coverage? Your insurer will notify you when it's time to renew the policy or pay your premium. Sometimes, you have the chance to automatically pay or renew you policy.
- How much will it cost? Those who have higher driving risks might have to pay higher premium costs. Still, we can help you make responsible decisions to keep your policy rates affordable.
- Will I pay a deductible? Most policies include deductibles on your physical damage insurance and other elements. However, liability insurance usually doesn’t set deductibles.
- Are discounts or bundles available? Yes! We are happy to help you maximize policy discounts and bundle your policies to get the best cost benefits.
We Shop These Auto Carriers
So you get the best coverage!
If you are ready to get auto insurance, the dedicated team at SJR Insurance is more than ready to help you! Give us a call today at (321) 264-2434 or request a quote now
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.