Homeowners Insurance Information
As a full-service homeowners insurance agency, SJR Insurance can help all residents of Cocoa, Cocoa Beach, Rockledge and the surrounding communities insure their properties.
Protect Your Home Now
Our Commitment to You
Your home and personal property mean a lot to you, so you need to insure them. We can help every policy applicant customize their homeowners benefits for times when life’s unexpected accidents strike.
What is Homeowners Insurance?
Homes in Brevard County have a median value of about $213,000. Still, regardless of the exact price you pay, your house represents a huge personal investment. You don’t want to see anything happen to it, but you can’t prevent every accident.
Homeowners insurance will help you pay to recover from damaging incidents at home, and it can offer a lot of perks. It will help you put your property and your budget in much more secure positions.
Do I Have to Carry it?
Most lenders require buyers to get homeowners coverage before they can qualify for loans. Rules aside, however, any and all homeowners need coverage. One disaster could wipe out everything that you have worked hard to build. Your coverage can help you afford to recover from the accident. No one should consider it optional.
What is Included in Coverage?
Standardized homeowners policies generally include some or all of the following coverage:
- Dwelling insurance can cover your house from damage wrought by accidents like fires, severe weather, falling objects, break-ins or theft.
- Detached structure protection can insure other buildings on your property, like sheds or pools.
- Contents insurance applies to possessions like your clothes, electronics furniture and even food.
- Living expenses protection can help you pay costs like hotel or food bills if you have to temporarily move out after an accident occurs.
- Liability insurancehelps you pay for the injuries or property damage you cause to other parties.
- Medical payments insurance can help guests injured in your home cover their medical costs, regardless of if you have responsibility for the accident.
Additional Coverage Options
Homeowners coverage usually won’t insure damage to every personal asset from every type of accident. You might need to add additional protection to your policy, like:
- High-value possessions riders
- Umbrella liability insurance
- Sewer backup coverage
- Flood insurance (provided by the National Flood Insurance Program)
- Earthquake insurance
- Landslide and mudflow coverage
An agent at SJR Insurance can help you determine the right course of action to get these types of protection.
SJR Insurance Can Answer All Your Questions
- How much coverage should I have? Your coverage should closely represent your home’s and possessions’ appraised values. Most policies pay the home’s replacement cost value (RCV) when covering repairs. Contents policies might only pay a cash value settlement, however, which might not equal the cost of a new item.
- Do homes and condos need the same insurance? No. Policies are similar, but not identical. Condo insurance will apply to both the personally-owned and shared assets common to that type of property. Visit our condo insurance page for more information.
- Will I pay a deductible? In most cases, yes. You’ll usually pay damage deductibles before your policy covers the rest of a claim. Liability claims, however, often don’t have deductibles.
- How much will a policy cost? Your policy’s exact cost will depend on a lot of risk factors, like the home’s value, your claims history and the coverage you select. We can help you analyze these factors to pinpoint the most-affordable coverage.
- Are discounts or bundles available? Yes! Florida is one of the most-expensive states for homeowners insurance. But, with our help, you can combine coverage into bundles, and also qualify for various policy discounts that will help you save as much as possible on coverage.
We Shop These Home Insurance Carriers
So you get the best coverage!
- Universal Property and Casualty
- Universal North America
- Federated National
- Southern Oak
- Velocity Risk Underwriters
- American Integrity
- United Property and Casualty
- Safepoint Insurance
- Security First
- Homeowners Choice
If you are ready to get homeowners insurance, the dedicated team at SJR Insurance is more than ready to help you! Give us a call today at (321) 264-2434 or request a quote now
Homeowners Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.